Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Chikungunya, dengue or Covid? - Ahmedabad Mirror
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 00:30 GMT
- Chikungunya outbreak in Chad nears 25000 cases - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 14:18 GMT
- Zika-Chikungunya dual infection linked to stroke: Research - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 22:11 GMT
- Chikungunya: The silent vector borne co-infection in Monsoon season - Microbioz India
Sun, 20 Sep 2020 19:45 GMT
- Chikungunya outbreak reported in Chad, 6000 cases reported in 2 weeks - Outbreak News Today
Tue, 01 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Valneva Initiates Phase 3 Clinical Study for its Chikungunya Vaccine Candidate VLA1553 - GlobeNewswire
Tue, 08 Sep 2020 05:00 GMT
- Chikungunya Outbreaks in Africa Intensify - Vax-Before-Travel
Sun, 13 Sep 2020 21:18 GMT
- Mosquito-borne diseases: Causes, symptoms and prevention tips - The Indian Express
Sat, 19 Sep 2020 09:45 GMT
- Chikungunya vaccine enters Phase 3 clinical trial - Outbreak News Today
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Mosquito-borne viruses linked to stroke - Science Daily
Fri, 18 Sep 2020 16:30 GMT
- Chad: An outbreak of chikungunya has affected 8000+ in less than a month - Ecofin Agency: Economic information from Africa
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya cases near 20K in Chad - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 12 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Researchers anticipate rise of some mosquito-borne diseases - National Science Foundation
Thu, 17 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- 26 monks infected with Chikungunya, flu - Khmer Times
Tue, 15 Sep 2020 09:01 GMT
- Chad chikungunya cases rapidly rising - Outbreak News Today
Mon, 07 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Chikungunya (04): Americas, Asia, Africa, research
Sun, 30 Aug 2020 12:38:27 -0400
Chikungunya -- Worldwide/Unknown
A 53 year old woman with hypertension and raised cholesterol presented to Hospital Federal dos Servidores do Estado (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) on 9 May 2019, with a 2 week history of arthralgia and paresthesia in both hands. Three weeks earlier, she had had a 4 day episode of febrile illness with a diffuse, mildly pruritic rash, arthralgia, and joint oedema. A chikungunya infection was diagnosed by reverse transcription PCR. At the time of presentation, she had taken 500 mg naproxen
- Neurological disease in adults with Zika and chikungunya virus infection in Northeast Brazil: a prospective observational study.
- Neurological complications in adults with Zika and chikungunya virus infection.
- Pyriproxyfen does not cause microcephaly or malformations in a preclinical mammalian model.