Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Chikungunya may affect central nervous system as well as joints and lungs - Medical Xpress
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Chad chikungunya outbreak in 'sharp decline' - Outbreak News Today
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Chikungunya virus can cause neurological infections: Study - Outbreak News Today
Wed, 04 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Spatiotemporal Distribution and Socioeconomic Disparities of Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika in Two Latin American cities from 2007 to 2017 - DocWire News
Sat, 21 Nov 2020 06:00 GMT
- Impact of COVID-19 on Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market: Value Chain, Dynamics and Key Players Abivax SA, Arno Therapeutics Inc, Bharat Biotech International Ltd, Ennaid Therapeutics LLC, etc - The Market Feed
Fri, 27 Nov 2020 07:46 GMT
- Beyond COVID: 5 other health crises WHO dealt with this year - World Economic Forum
Thu, 26 Nov 2020 09:40 GMT
- IRDAI draft: Standardised insurance covers for Dengue, Malaria and Chikungunya - Moneycontrol.com
Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Pain management during and after chikungunya - The New Indian Express
Sun, 01 Nov 2020 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya, dengue cases up, but fewer than last year in Mumbai - Times of India
Sun, 15 Nov 2020 08:00 GMT
- Global Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market 2020 Comprehensive Analysis, Future Estimations, Growth Drivers and Forecast to 2025 - The Courier
Tue, 10 Nov 2020 11:55 GMT
- Checking on Chikungunya - NASA
Mon, 27 Jul 2020 07:00 GMT
- Structural basis of Chikungunya virus inhibition by monoclonal antibodies - pnas.org
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Antiviral inhibitor DDX42 shows broad activity against Chikungunya, HIV and SARS-CoV-2 - News-Medical.Net
Thu, 29 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market: Technological Advancement & Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network
Thu, 26 Nov 2020 15:22 GMT
- USAMRIID Scientist Receives Medal of Honor from French Military - United States Army
Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:00 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Chikungunya (05): Americas, Africa, Asia, research, observations
Tue, 17 Nov 2020 08:21:43 -0500
Chikungunya -- Costa Rica
Since 2015, the arthropodborne viruses (arboviruses) Zika and chikungunya have spread across the Americas causing outbreaks, accompanied by increases in immune-mediated and infectious neurological disease. The spectrum of neurological manifestations linked to these viruses, and the importance of dual infection, are not known fully. We aimed to investigate whether neurological presentations differed according to the infecting arbovirus and whether patients with
- Description of the ovarian microbiota of Aedes aegypti (L) Rockefeller strain.
- Use of whole blood over plasma enhances the detection of dengue virus RNA: possible utility in dengue vaccine trials.
- Management of acute febrile diseases in limited resource settings: a case-based approach.