Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Chikungunya on the rise in South Cotabato - Minda News
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Prevalence of dengue, Zika and chikungunya viruses in Aedes (Stegomyia) aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) in a medium-sized city, Amazon, Brazil. - Physician's Weekly
Thu, 13 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Ethiopia chikungunya: No cases reported since early December - Outbreak News Today
Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Valneva Reports Record Product Sales and Major Pipeline Progress in 2019 - GlobeNewswire
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 06:00 GMT
- Emory, collaborators testing antiviral drug as potential treatment for coronaviruses - Emory News Center
Mon, 03 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Aedes menace: Selangor folk too laid-back - New Straits Times
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 04:25 GMT
- Electrocuting mosquitoes: a new hope for monitoring dengue vectors? - BugBitten - BMC Blogs Network
Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:09 GMT
- SBP fighting dengue Zika and chikungunya in Brazil - WebWire
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- In a week: 3 chikungunya, 2 dengue cases - Times of India
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- SoCot residents warned anew vs. chikungunya - pna.gov.ph
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Other global health crises reported in Malaysia - New Straits Times
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- How chikungunya virus may cause chronic joint pain - Science Daily
Thu, 29 Aug 2019 07:00 GMT
- Global Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market Insights 2019-2025 | Abivax SA, Arno Therapeutics Inc, Bharat Biotech International Ltd, Ennaid Therapeutics LLC, Etubics Corp - Surfacing Magazine
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 08:59 GMT
- BRIEF-Valneva FY Net Result Turns To Loss Of 1.7 Million Euros - Reuters
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 06:52 GMT
- Ethiopia Confirms Chikungunya Virus Outbreak - Vax Before Travel
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 07:00 GMT
- PRO/ALL> New in IJID (02): February 2020
Mon, 03 Feb 2020 13:22:50 -0500
Coronavirus, Polio, Meningitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Dengue, Other Human Disease, Typhus, Hepatitis B, Chikungunya, Zika virus, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Yellow Fever, West Nile Virus, Cytomegalovirus, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Chagas, Avian Influenza, Legionnaires', Whooping Cough, Hepatitis E, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Hepatitis C -- China
The continuing 2019-nCoV epidemic threat of novel coronaviruses to global health: the latest 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China.
David S Hui, Esam I Azhar, Tariq A Madani, Francine Ntoumi, Richard Kock, Osman Dar, et al.
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 91(Feb): 264-266.
Extra time and penalties in the polio endgame.
Melinda Suchard, Oyewale Tomori, Lucille Blumberg
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 91(Feb): 252-254.
- Nail Findings in Chikungunya Infection.
- Predicting Chikungunya disease personal protective behaviors: Results of a cross-sectional survey of US-Caribbean travelers.
- Mosquito-borne viral diseases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a review.
- High-throughput fluorescence-based screen identifies the neuronal microRNA miR-124 as a positive regulator of alphavirus infection.
- Chikungunya virus evades antiviral CD8+ T cell responses to establish persistent infection in joint-associated tissues.