Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- After dengue, chikungunya cases also take wing in Maharashtra and Mumbai - Times of India
Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:26 GMT
- Chikungunya: What are the symptoms; all you need to know - India Today
Thu, 26 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya fever: Steps to control mosquitoes indoors and outdoors - India Today
Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya virus: How to prevent the spread of infection - India Today
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya Virus: How to protect yourself if you are in a place where virus is present| Check here - India Today
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- Fivefold increase in pediatric chikungunya cases from 2019 in Ahmedabad - Times of India
Thu, 23 Sep 2021 22:42 GMT
- Chikungunya fever: How is it transmitted and ways to prevent the spread - India Today
Mon, 30 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya Prevention: Looking for home remedies to cure Chikungunya? Check here - India Today
Tue, 31 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- These 10 superfoods will help you recover from chikungunya faster - Hindustan Times
Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya vaccine candidate from Bharat Biotech starts Phase 2/3 trial - BioPharma-Reporter.com
Thu, 26 Aug 2021 07:00 GMT
- Livestock deaths prompt fear of Rift Valley fever and chikungunya outbreak in northern Sudan - Sudan - ReliefWeb
Wed, 08 Sep 2021 07:00 GMT
- Dengue, chikungunya cases in Maharashtra more than triple: 15 civic bodies asked to take urgent steps - The Indian Express
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 20:22 GMT
- Co-Diagnostics JV CoSara Receives Clearance from Indian FDA for Chikungunya and Dengue Tests - Yahoo Finance
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:30 GMT
- Lenschow named Pew Innovation Fund Investigator – Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis - Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Wed, 22 Sep 2021 17:24 GMT
- Global Chikungunya Fever Drugs Market 2021 to 2027 – Worldwide Major Growth by Key Players as Optum, Inc., McKesson Corporation, Nuance Communications Inc. – Stillwater Current - Stillwater Current
Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:46 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Rift Valley fever - Sudan: (NO) livestock, human, susp, RFI
Wed, 15 Sep 2021 20:49:58 -0400
Rift Valley Fever -- Sudan
Doctors in Sudan's Northern State have reported 27 deaths and 68 [abortions] among livestock in the area of El Nafaab in Merowe locality and warn of the emergence of cases of Rift Valley fever [RVF] and chikungunya, similar to last year . They have appealed to the Ministry of Health and the state government to deal with the potential epidemic in a safe manner.
In a press statement on Sunday [5 Sep 2021], the Socialist Doctors Association reported that a resident of the state arrived
- Dengue and Chikungunya virus co-infection in major metropolitan cities of provinces of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: A multi-center study Thu, 23 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Dengue has become endemic in Pakistan with annual recurrence. A sudden increase in the dengue cases was reported from Rawalpindi in 2016, while an outbreak occurred for the first time in Peshawar in 2017. Therefore, a multi-center study was carried out to determine the circulating dengue virus (DENV) serotypes and Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) co-infection in Lahore, Rawalpindi, and Peshawar cities in 2016-18. A hospital-based cross-sectional study was carried out in Lahore and Rawalpindi in...
- Computational analysis of human host binding partners of chikungunya and dengue viruses during coinfection Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Mosquito-borne viral diseases like chikungunya and dengue infections can cause severe illness and have become major public health concerns. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and dengue virus (DENV) infections share similar primary clinical manifestations and are transmitted by the same vector. Thus, the probability of their coinfection gets increased with more severe clinical complications in the patients. The present study was undertaken to elucidate the common human interacting partners of CHIKV and...
- Chikungunya virus exposure partially cross-protects against Mayaro virus infection in mice Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and Mayaro virus (MAYV) are closely related members of the Semliki Forest virus antigenic complex classified as belonging to the genus Alphavirus of the Togaviridae family. These viruses cause human disease, with sudden fever and joint inflammation that can persist for long periods. CHIKV is the causative agent of large outbreaks worldwide, and MAYV infection represents a growing public health concern in Latin America, causing sporadic cases and geographically limited...
- Antecedent infections in Guillain-Barré syndrome in endemic areas of arbovirus transmission: a multi-national case-control study Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Half of the world's population is at risk of arthropod-borne virus (arbovirus) infections. Several arbovirus infections have been associated with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). We investigated whether arboviruses are driving GBS beyond epidemic phases of transmission and studied the antibody response to glycolipids.
- Biochemical characterization of Aedes aegypti (Linnaeus) (Diptera: Culicidae) resistance to deltamethrin, fipronil, and imidacloprid Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Aedes aegypti is an important vector of dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever and yellow fever, chikungunya, and Zika virus. The objective was to evaluate the resistance of A. aegypti exposed to insecticides with different action modes (deltamethrin, imidacloprid, and fipronil) under intense selection pressure for 10 generations in laboratory. Bioassays were conducted according to World Health Organization. Biochemical assay performed after selection with deltamethrin (Delta-SEL), fipronil...
- Detection of chikungunya virus in the Southern region, Saudi Arabia Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: Chikungunya is a neglected viral disease in Saudi Arabia. Future work should focus on detailed investigation of this viral infection and its vectors.
- Current state of chikungunya fever laboratory diagnosis (review of literature) Mon, 20 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The article is about methods of chikungunya fever laboratory diagnosis. An algorithm for the study of biological material for the presence of antibodies against chikungunya virus and virus antigens is presented. The overview describes the information about commercial immunodiagnostic and genodiagnostic kits and their detailed specifications. The information presented in the review will be useful for doctors of clinical laboratory diagnostics to choose a method and an acceptable test system for...
- Determinants of Aedes mosquito density as an indicator of arbovirus transmission risk in three sites affected by co-circulation of globally spreading arboviruses in Colombia, Ecuador and Argentina Mon, 20 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: Our study addresses the complexities of arbovirus vectors of global significance at the interface between human and mosquito populations. Our results point to several predictors of Aedes mosquito vector density in countries with co-circulation of multiple Aedes-borne viruses, and point to modifiable risk factors that may be useful for disease prevention and control.
- Tender and swollen joint counts are poorly associated with disability in chikungunya arthritis compared to rheumatoid arthritis Sat, 18 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Chronic rheumatological manifestations similar to those of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are described after chikungunya virus infection. We aimed to compare the relevance of joint counts and symptoms to clinical outcomes in RA and chronic chikungunya disease. Forty patients with chronic chikungunya arthralgia and 40 patients with RA were enrolled in a cross-sectional study. The association of tenderness and swelling, clinically assessed in 28 joints, and patient evaluations of pain and...
- Evaluating livestock farmers knowledge, beliefs, and management of arboviral diseases in Kenya: A multivariate fractional probit approach Thu, 16 Sep 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Globally, arthropod-borne virus (arbovirus) infections continue to pose substantial threats to public health and economic development, especially in developing countries. In Kenya, although arboviral diseases (ADs) are largely endemic, little is known about the factors influencing livestock farmers' knowledge, beliefs, and management (KBM) of the three major ADs: Rift Valley fever (RVF), dengue fever and chikungunya fever. This study evaluates the drivers of livestock farmers' KBM of ADs from a...