Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Chikungunya cases rise in southern Thailand
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:41 GMT
- IIT professors discover tamarind seed protein as anti-viral agent for chikungunya
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:58 GMT
- Tamarind seed protein has potential to cure Chikungunya
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:17 GMT
- Tamarind can protect against chikungunya, find IIT researchers
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 03:17 GMT
- Tamarind seeds can cure chikungunya: IIT-R study
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 05:37 GMT
- Chikungunya found in lower southern provinces
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 09:34 GMT
- First Potential Vaccine for Chikungunya Virus Flies Through Phase II
Tue, 6 Nov 2018 14:58 GMT
- Themis eyes phase 3 study for chikungunya vaccine after passing midstage test
Wed, 7 Nov 2018 15:16 GMT
- At 375 cases, chikungunya hits Pune hardest in state
Mon, 12 Nov 2018 18:21 GMT
- Immunogenicity, safety, and tolerability of the measles-vectored chikungunya virus vaccine MV-CHIK: a double-blind ...
Mon, 5 Nov 2018 23:37 GMT
- Potential treatment for chikungunya could be lurking in tamarind seeds: Study
Tue, 6 Nov 2018 07:20 GMT
- IIT Roorkee Investigates Tamarind Seeds, Discovers Potential Cure for Chikungunya
Thu, 8 Nov 2018 09:52 GMT
- Disease outbreak news: Chikungunya – Sudan, 15 October 2018
Mon, 15 Oct 2018 13:53 GMT
- Chikungunya Vaccine Candidate Advances into Phase 1 Second Stage
Wed, 17 Oct 2018 21:56 GMT
- IIT Roorkee professors discover tamarind seed protein as anti-viral agent to treat chikungunya
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:17 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Vector borne diseases - Pakistan: (KP)
Mon, 20 Aug 2018 12:07:53 -0400
Chikungunya -- Pakistan
Fear gripped people after score of cases of fever with acute joint pain were reported in various parts of Swat [Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province]. However, health experts said that there was nothing serious as it was a seasonal fever outbreak.
The majority of the people affected with fever belong to Faizabad union council where over 100 patients were recorded.
"Four days ago I got high fever with acute pain in my bones. I rushed to hospital where it was found malaria after initial