Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- LoA Update: Merck's chikungunya fever vaccine trial sees 11-point spike in chances to transition to - Clinical Trials Arena
Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:13 GMT
- What chikungunya teaches us about COVID-19 - The Lancet
Wed, 19 May 2021 07:00 GMT
- Emergent Enjoys Some Good News, Posting Positive Results for Chikungunya Vaccine - BioSpace
Wed, 26 May 2021 07:00 GMT
- Recent Rains Mean Start of Mosquito Season - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Fri, 18 Jun 2021 02:47 GMT
- Valneva Completes Recruitment for Phase 3 Lot-to-Lot Consistency Trial of its Chikungunya Vaccine Candidate - BioSpace
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 10:30 GMT
- What Do Chikungunya and Getah Virus Have in Common? - Pork Magazine
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:01 GMT
- Oriental Mindoro townsfolk warned of chikungunya after 40 cases recorded - INQUIRER.net
Wed, 09 Jun 2021 08:46 GMT
- Brazil: Chikungunya cases up in Pernambuco state - Outbreak News Today - Outbreak News Today
Sat, 22 May 2021 07:00 GMT
- Chikungunya outbreak in Cambodia update - Outbreak News Today - Outbreak News Today
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:36 GMT
- Chikungunya strikes Ratanakkiri province - The Phnom Penh Post
Mon, 24 May 2021 07:00 GMT
- Ministry of Health warns of rising Chikungunya cases in the Kingdom - Khmer Times
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:13 GMT
- Ratanakkiri to contain spread of chikungunya - The Phnom Penh Post
Sun, 30 May 2021 07:00 GMT
- Do these yogasanas to get rid of Dengue-Chikungunya and Malaria - India TV News
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 04:25 GMT
- Cambodia: Chikungunya increases reported in Ratanakiri province - Outbreak News Today - Outbreak News Today
Sun, 23 May 2021 07:00 GMT
- 40 hit by chikungunya in Pola, Oriental Mindoro | Philippines Lifestyle News - Philippines Lifestyle
Tue, 08 Jun 2021 07:09 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Chikungunya (03): Americas cases, vaccine
Mon, 24 May 2021 18:50:59 -0400
Chikungunya -- Brazil
Saint-Herblain-based Valneva SE announced on 12 Apr 2021 that it had completed recruitment for the pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial of its single-shot chikungunya vaccine candidate, VLA1553.
A total of 4131 adults aged 18 or above have been recruited across 44 sites in the USA for the VLA1553-301 trial, which was launched in September 2020. Participants will be followed for 6 months in the pivotal trial. If the trial results are positive, the trial is expected to support VLA1553's
- Permethrin resistance in Aedes aegypti: Genomic variants that confer knockdown resistance, recovery, and death Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Pyrethroids are one of the few classes of insecticides available to control Aedes aegypti, the major vector of dengue, chikungunya, and Zika viruses. Unfortunately, evolving mechanisms of pyrethroid resistance in mosquito populations threaten our ability to control disease outbreaks. Two common pyrethroid resistance mechanisms occur in Ae. aegypti: 1) knockdown resistance, which involves amino acid substitutions at the pyrethroid target site-the voltage-gated sodium channel (VGSC)-and 2)...
- Neonate with chikungunya Thu, 17 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Chikungunya although rare should be considered in any neonate presenting with fever and facial hyperpigmentation or encephalopathy especially in endemic areas.
- Integrative analysis in toxicological assessment of the insecticide Malathion in Allium cepa L. system Wed, 16 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
For many centuries human populations have been suffering and trying to fight with disease-bearing mosquitoes. Emerging and reemerging diseases such as Dengue, Zika, and Chikungunya affect billions of people around the world and recently has been appealing to control with chemical pesticides. Malathion (MT) is one of the main pesticides used against mosquitoes, the vectors of these diseases. This study aimed to assess cytotoxicity and mutagenicity of the malathion for the bioindicator Allium cepa...
- Clinical features of patients with Rocky Mountain spotted fever, dengue and chikungunya infection Mon, 14 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSION: Rash on the palms and soles, edema and absence of pruritus, together with high levels of direct bilirubin and severe thrombocytopenia could be useful indicators to differentiate patients at RMSF advanced stages from those with dengue and chikungunya.
- Chikungunya virus envelope protein E2 provides a vector for targeted antigen delivery to human dermal CD14(+) dendritic cells Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
- An updated RT-qPCR assay for the simultaneous detection and quantification of chikungunya, dengue and zika viruses Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
The real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (real-time RT-qPCR) has become a leading technique for the detection and quantification of arboviruses, including Chikungunya, Dengue, and Zika viruses. In this study, an updated real-time RT-qPCR assay was designed and evaluated together with a synthetic positive-control chimeric RNA for the simultaneous detection and quantification of Chikungunya, Dengue, and Zika viruses. Amplification assays were performed to verify the construct...
- Larvicidal potential of cell wall degrading enzymes from Trichoderma asperellum against Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: Our findings indicate that L-CWDE produced by T. asperellum reflect chitinolytic enzymes with greater specificity for L3 larval biomolecules. This specificity is characterized by the high percentage of mortality compared with CWDE treatments and also by abrupt changes in patterns of the cellular structures visualized by scanning and transmission electron microscopy. These mixtures of chitinolytic enzymes could be candidates, as adjuvant or synergistic molecules, to replace...
- Facile method for delivering chikungunya viral replicons into mosquitoes and mammalian cells Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
Reverse genetics is an important tool in the elucidation of viral replication and the development of countermeasures; however, these methods are impeded by laborious and inefficient replicon delivery methods. This paper demonstrates the use of a baculovirus to facilitate the efficient delivery of autonomous CHIKV replicons into mosquito and mammalian cells in vitro as well as adult mosquitoes in vivo. The efficacy of this approach was verified via co-localization among an eGFP reporter, nsP1,...
- Challenges towards serologic diagnostics of emerging arboviruses Thu, 10 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
BACKGROUND: Appropriate laboratory diagnostics for emerging arboviruses are key for patient management, surveillance, and intervention, including molecular tests and serologic tests detecting viral antigen or virus-specific antibodies.
- Oral manifestations in chikungunya patients: A systematic review Thu, 10 Jun 2021 06:00:00 -0400
CONCLUSIONS: There seems to be a predominance of oral manifestations that cause discomfort when chewing, such as ulcerations in the acute phase of the disease, with complete remission within 3 to 10 days after the onset, apparently mostly affecting women and older persons. These oral manifestations can be compatible with basic viral infections related to inflammatory response and transitory immunosuppression.