Chikungunya Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in chikungunya. Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the genus Alphavirus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikungunya infection causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash. The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common. There have been recent breakouts of chikungunya in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in Europe. There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
The objectives of Chikungunya Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for chikungunya and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to chikungunya.
- Risk factors linked to chikungunya and dengue outbreaks
Wed, 25 Jul 2018 00:50 GMT
- 'State of Calamity' Declared on a Philippines Island Due to Chikungunya Virus Outbreak
Sun, 5 Aug 2018 13:20 GMT
- Explained Snippets: 72% malaria cases in four states, 53% chikungunya cases in two
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 23:29 GMT
- 8000 chikungunya cases in 7 months; Karnataka tops national chart
Sun, 12 Aug 2018 01:18 GMT
- Study explores risk factors linked to chikungunya and dengue outbreaks
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:39 GMT
- Karnataka tops national chart with 8000 chikungunya cases
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:50 GMT
- The Methyltransferase-Like Domain of Chikungunya Virus nsP2 Inhibits the Interferon Response by Promoting the ...
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 15:44 GMT
- Chikungunya haunts Hubballi and Dharwad
Thu, 9 Aug 2018 00:45 GMT
- Most of 178 chikungunya cases reported from Pune
Mon, 30 Jul 2018 02:39 GMT
- K'taka has highest 8000 cases reported of Chikungunya in the country
Mon, 13 Aug 2018 12:05 GMT
- Tips to protect your family from dengue and chikungunya
Sat, 11 Aug 2018 19:52 GMT
- Global Chikungunya Fever Drugs market 2018-2022 detailed market analysis
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:03 GMT
- Biliran town now under state of calamity after chikungunya outbreak
Tue, 31 Jul 2018 08:08 GMT
- Scientists discover factors linked to chikungunya, dengue outbreaks
Wed, 25 Jul 2018 06:01 GMT
- DOH warns vs dengue, chikungunya
Sun, 22 Jul 2018 12:10 GMT
- PRO> Usutu virus - Europe: France
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 19:24:12 -0400
Other Animal Disease -- France
The 1st case of human infection with Usutu virus was diagnosed in France, in Montpellier, in a man in his 30s. Transmitted by the bite of the _Culex_ mosquito, this virus attacks the nervous system.
There are already dengue, zika and chikungunya virus [In France]. Now here is Usutu virus, just as dangerous, and also transmitted by the bite of a mosquito.
This 1st case of human infection has been detected in France by the Inserm team from Montpellier. The patient, in his 30s, was able to